HALLOWEEN WEEKEND | GET SPOOKY | WORK PARTY
WELCOME TO OUR WORK PARTY! We're up to 15 spooky helpers already!
Thank you so much for your interest in helping us winterize & celebrate Fall here at LOLO! We've started this group small and hope it sounds fun to you! If you want to come, please read through the plans and sign up at the bottom of this page. We also hope you'll share this with ONE or TWO other people or groups, à la telephone game. This way, everyone should know a few people. If you have a million questions already, please hold them tightly until we get more of our ghouls in a row.
We aren't trying to push anyone into working, but if you're in the mood to rough it a little, work closely with others, get dirty, get some exercise, and get juuuustt drunk enough, this might be the alternative Halloween event for you!
Here's what we propose:
- What you get: free lodging reserved for group leaders (cabins are booked!). Free, unlimited camping, RV's, car camping, and crashing with a friendly group leaders. The main rooms in the lodge are also open for floor sleeping around a giant fire, pajama party-style. We can sleep ~30-35 in beds and are hoping many of you will choose to camp or crash in the main room of the lodge. Fireside camping inside AND out! Meals Friday afternoon, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning. Beer from Goodlife, and the satisfaction of doing a real solid for a friend. S'mores. So many s'mores.
- What you do: help us for a few 3-hour chunks of project time per day (Friday, Saturday, &/or Sunday). We'll take what we can get! See projects below.
OPTION A: Grim reaping in the garden - projects include weeding pathways, helping relocate trees and shrubbery, gardening, collecting seeds, pulling blackberry bushes. Bring gloves, clippers, long sleeves/pants if you can. We will provide everything else
OPTION B: Creepy Construction - demolish deadly, rotten decks + build new ones, build upper bathroom shelter, relocate gazebo, clean out pump house, install bat house, re-affix loose bricks and stone, shower stall replacement in cabins, build trash containers, outdoor furniture, lodge banister tightening up
OPTION C: Household + Painting - contact paper in drawers, helping with upholstery projects, screen window repairs, stuffing steel wool in holes, roller painting the reception walls with white paint, sanding, staining, & painting old furniture, painting laundry bathroom, painting apartment.
* General Itinerary*
- Drive deep into the woods to meet everyone at/around 5-8pm for hors d'oeuvre (because we're spooky, you may pronounce this as "hour devour"), & fireside cocktail hour at the Main Lodge! Get settled, wear your cabin attire! Check out the "projects" board and plan your weekend.
8-9AM - Breakfast at the Lodge or on your own! There are two local cafe's open for breakfast (Inn at the Bridge is within a few minutes walk, Takoda's is a 3 mile trek
9AM-NOON: GOOSEBUMPS * CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE WORK PARTY, OPTION A/B/C
2-5PM: GOOSEBUMPS CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE WORK PARTY, OPTION A/B/C
5PM: GET READY FOR PARTY, CHILL OUT
7PM 'til COWS COME HOME:
- Reception Area FOR COSTUME PARTY & SPOOKY MOVES
- CAMPFIRE DINNER + GOODIES
- GHOST HUNT BOOZE HIKE
- SCARY STORIES
- MUSIC AROUND CAMPFIRE
- BUT WAIT! There's SMORES!
8-10AM : Halloween Hangover Bagels
10AM: GOOSEBUMPS CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE WORK PARTY, OPTION A/B/C/D*
*Special OPTION D: BE HUNGOVER AMONGST THE TREES
2PM or so: Come/Go at your leisure
- Lodge King Suite 1 (w/sleeper sofa) Jacq + Mrs. Jacq (+ maybe Mrs. Jacq's twin contractor brother?)
- Lodge Loft twin bed 1
- Lodge Loft twin bed 2
- Lodge King Suite 2 Jenna and Noah
- Lodge King Suite 3 with fireplace
- Floor and couch space on main floor near main fireplace, pajama party style! Bring a sleeping bag!
- Family Cabin
- Private Queen bedroom
- Loft Queen bed 1
- Loft Queen bed 2
- Cabin 1 with futon - Stephanie + Wolf (plumbing + construction)
- Cabin 2 with futon - Patrick + Cara + the girls (cooking, gardening, and looking cuuuute)
- Cabin 3 with futon - Phil + Rosie (construction - will bring tools! + chef d'jour)
- Cabin 4 with futon - Talia, Duncan, + Aoife (spooky tales + mastermind of all AND construction to boot)
- Unlimited Campers + Outdoor space (Our Pop Up Camper is available!)
- Campers + Day Helpers
- Heaven McArthur
- Stef + Dave Holland
*RSVP* for lodging and meal planning purposes. Even day visitors wanna eat, right?!